These forms are commonly used in BEES. Some are signed off Health and Safety Manager or Head of School while others are signed off by individual supervisors or their nominee.
1. The following forms are to be submitted to the Health and Safety Manager for signature:
- Fieldwork including travel to conferences and meetings – see fieldwork page
- Use of a private vehicle requires submission of a MV1 – Approval for Use of Private Vehicle form, a copy of vehicle's current registration and a copy of the vehicle‘s current comprehensive insurance receipt.
- HS010 Fieldwork Volunteer Approval Request Form The applicant is the person who the volunteer is helping and the supervisor is the academic supervisor. If an academic supervisor is engaging the volunteer then write SUPERVISOR in the space for the applicant. It is essential that the supervisor ensures volunteers receive appropriate inductions and copies of the records of induction are given to the BEES HS Manager via email.
2. The following forms are signed by the supervisor, with a copy being sent to the Health and Safety Manager (unless in Safesys):
- HS006 Induction Form
- HS703 After Hours Approval
- Risk Management Form (Safesys link on main BEES HS web page)
- Safe Work Procedure Form (Safesys link on main BEES HS web page)
- Fieldwork Activity Form (Safesys link on main BEES HS web page)
- HS049 Induction Form - Laboratory
- HS630 Induction Form – Visitors
- HS048ab BEES Workplace HS Inspection Checklist – Office, Laboratory and Workshop
3. The following forms are signed off by others and kept by the supervisor:
- HS009 Fieldwork Participant Form. Note that only the medical section is optional. This form must be completed by all students attending coursework field trips and should be disposed of as confidential waste once the fieldtrip is completed.
- HS014 Waste Disposal Form – Chemical – UNSW
4. Dive Forms
All forms related to diving and snorkelling are filled out and given to the Dive Officer.
All forms related to boat use are filled out and given to the Scientific Boating Officer.