Safety signs conforming to AS 1319 should be printed or purchased for all laboratories.
Signs on laboratory and specialist work area e.g. specialist equipment or store room doors must indicate:
- Name of the lab supervisor and contact information
- Nature of the Hazards that are present in the work area e.g. hazardous chemical diamonds,
- Mandatory PPCE required for entry
To make other safety warning signs, click here.
Signs inside labs must indicate:
- Names of staff and students allowed to work there
- Emergency procedures flipcharts and relevant signs indication location of safety devices or equipment
- Safe Work Procedures
- Laboratory Layout Plan
Laboratory Layout Plan must indicate:
- Location of risk management forms
- Location of SDS’s
- Location of any fire extinguishers, spill kits and first aid kits
For office safety signs please consult the Office Safety Tool Kit on the UNSW Safety website